Sumac & Mint Dressing for leaves
Use simply to dress salad leaves; or make a fattoush-style salad by adding diced tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and toasted or fried bread croutons.
Dressing (for 2)
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 1 tsp dried mint (finely chopped fresh mint, or a mixture of the two can be used)
· 1 tsp sumac
· Juice & zest of 1 lemon
· Olive oil
For the salad:
· 1 bag of Platt Fields Market Garden Salad Leaves
· Crispy chickpeas (optional)
1. Grate the garlic on a zester, mince it, or finely chop with a knife.
2. Add the sumac, mint, salt, pepper and juice and zest of one lemon to the garlic.
3. Leave for at least 5 minutes to let the flavours marinate.
4. Coat the leaves with the dressing and allow to sit for another 5 minutes, the acid will break down the leaves slightly. Add other ingredients if using at this stage.
5. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and serve.
Drain a can of chickpeas, coat in olive or vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 200°C oven for 30-40minutes until crispy. Use half for the salad and keep half for snacking or another recipe. Spices, such as paprika and cumin can be added whilst roasting.