These carrots are roasted with pomegranate molasses to make a sticky sweet and sour addition to salads, a mezze or even a roast dinner.
· 4 medium carrots (orange, yellow or purple all work)
· 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
· 1 tbsp sesame seeds
· Vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Wash and peel the carrots (if they are really muddy- otherwise leave the skin on). Cut into quarters by cutting lengthways and then in half.
3. Coat the carrots in a little vegetable oil (about 1-2 tbsp) and sprinkle with salt. Add to a baking tray (the smallest that will fit that carrots). Parchment or greaseproof paper can be used, to make it less messy!
4. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. Mix 2tbsp of pomegranate molasses with around 50ml of hot water. Stir this mixture into the carrots and return them to the oven. The water will make sure all the carrots are coated but will evaporate in the oven.
6. Roast for 10 more minutes, until the molasses become reduced and sticky. Cook in 5 minute increments as needed.
7. Add the sesame seeds towards the end of cooking to toast them slightly.