Salt & Vinegar Roast Potatoes
That salt and vinegar hit, without the mush! Good with warm salads, fish or as a side dish.
Served here with kale, crispy onions, marinated tofu and a 'mushy pea' dressing
Serves 2 (but can be double, tripled etc.)
· 400g potatoes
· White wine or cider vinegar
1. Wash the potatoes, keep the skin on if it’s good. Cut into wedges (although the shape doesn’t matter!). Keep whole if using small potatoes.
2. Put 1L of cold water in a pan with 120g of vinegar and 20g of salt. Add more vinegar if you prefer. Black peppercorns or herbs (such as bay) can be added at this stage.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are just soft (about 20 minutes)
4. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C
5. Put the drained potatoes in a bowl and coat with the oil of your choice (vegetable or olive oil), stirring to ensure they are filly coated.
6. Put the potatoes on a baking tray. Crush them slightly with another baking tray or a wooden spoon (optional).
7. Roast in the oven for 30-40minutes or until golden and crisp.